“Special Event” means a temporary event or gathering, using either private or public property, in which the estimated number of participants and spectators exceeds 200 at one time during any day of the event and involves one or more of the following activities: air shows; art shows (excluding arts and crafts and other sales less than 30 booths / vendors provided they obtain a temporary use permit); running or walking events (including triathlons); carnivals; concerts; festivals; fireworks; parades; commercial photography shoots; musical presentations; street dances; other similar event activities requiring offsite parking, street closures, sound amplification EXCEEDING THE NOISE ORDINANCE (above 65 decibels); City co-sponsorship or use of City personnel or public property.
The City is in the process of updating the special event application permit process.
As we review the process, please note the following:
- Unless the date of the event is on or before December 31, 2017, applications will not be processed.
- Applications for events after January 1, 2018 will be accepted by City staff, but not processed until the new ordinance is in effect.
- If there is a compelling reason to have a special events permit processed before the date, a request to do so maybe taken to City Council for approval.
- Dates for use of City property will be kept on hold for the event on a first come, first served basis, even though the remainder of the permit will not be processed.
- Permits for events on or after January 1, 2018 will be subject to the new ordinance criteria.
- Commencement of permit processing will occur following adoption of the revised ordinance, based on the date the applications is received and the date of the event.
For additional information and contact information relative to Special Events, please select the following link to visit the City of Bonita Springs Special Events page: