December 21, 2020
Effective January 1, 2021, Building Permit applications will not be accepted without updated references to the applicable Building Codes section listed at the bottom of each application. Updated applications will be available on or before, January 1, 2021.
- 7th ed. 2020 FBC; Florida Building Code: Building, Existing, Mechanical, Plumbing
- 7th ed. 2020 FFC; Florida Fire Prevention Code
- NEC 2017; National Electric Code
Effective January 1, 2021, Building Permit and Plan Review fees for Residential (RES) and Commercial (COM) Building permit applications will be temporarily reduced by seventy-five percent (75%) for one year. In addition to the temporary fee reduction, the Trade Permit application fee will be permanently reduced to seventy-five dollars ($75) per permit.
- Residential and Commercial Building, and Trade permit applications issued prior to the effective date of the Resolution shall not qualify for the Building Permit and Plan Review fee reduction.
- Applicants may request one six-month extension of an issued Residential and Commercial Building permit subject to the seventy-five percent (75%) reduction. Additional permit extensions shall cause forfeiture of the fee reduction whereby full fees in effect at that time shall be assessed prior to issuance of an additional extensions.
Provided below is a sample calculation for a typical single-family residence, and a summary of changes between the current and new valuation-based fees for Residential (RES) and Commercial (COM) permit applications.
- Visit our revised Permit Fee Calculator Page to automatically calculate 75% reduction fees (based on valuation).
SINGLE-FAMILY HOME EXAMPLE
- 2,000 sq. ft / ICC occupancy type: R-3 / ICC construction type: VB
- ICC valuation: = $193,660.00 (2,000 x $96.83)
- Current Permit Fee = $1,828.68 ($1,462.94 permit + $ 365.74 plan review)
- New Permit Fee: = $plan review)91.43 ($365.74 permit + $ 457.17
VALUATION TABLE CHANGES (EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2021)