Mangrove Trimming, Augmentation and Removals
opens in a new windowThe Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) services the primary regulatory and permitting authority for the trimming, augmentation, and removal of mangroves statewide, including the City of Bonita Springs.
Please contact the Florida Department of Environmental Protection South District Office at (239) 344-5600 or opens in a new windowhttps://floridadep.gov/south prior to commencing any trimming, augmentation, or removal of mangroves and/or undertaking actives within mangrove habitats.
For additional information and resources utilize the links below:
- opens in a new windowMangrove Frequently Asked Questions (FDEP)
- opens in a new windowMangrove Trimming Fast Facts Flyer (FDEP)opens PDF file
- opens in a new windowTrimming Guidelines for Homeowners (FDEP)opens PDF file
- opens in a new windowMangrove Trimming Protection Act (MTPA)opens PDF file
- opens in a new windowFDEP List of Professional Mangrove Trimmers
- opens in a new windowFDEP Mangrove Trimming and Alteration Application
- opens in a new windowMangrove Ecology and Trimming Regulations (FDEP Webinar)