Mangrove Trimming, Augmentation and Removals
The Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) services the primary regulatory and permitting authority for the trimming, augmentation, and removal of mangroves statewide, including the City of Bonita Springs.
Please contact the Florida Department of Environmental Protection South District Office at (239) 344-5600 or https://floridadep.gov/south prior to commencing any trimming, augmentation, or removal of mangroves and/or undertaking actives within mangrove habitats.
For additional information and resources utilize the links below:
- Mangrove Frequently Asked Questions (FDEP)
- Mangrove Trimming Fast Facts Flyer (FDEP)
- Trimming Guidelines for Homeowners (FDEP)
- Mangrove Trimming Protection Act (MTPA)
- FDEP List of Professional Mangrove Trimmers
- FDEP Mangrove Trimming and Alteration Application
- Mangrove Ecology and Trimming Regulations (FDEP Webinar)