Join our Team!
|Reports to:||Office Manager|
|Closes:||Open until filled|
This is advanced, responsible, technical customer service work in the identification and issuance of required permits. Employees are responsible for providing assistance and information in submitting permit applications. Knowledge in the areas of building plans review, permit issuance, zoning is desired. Work may vary in complexity and responsibility.The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this classification. This position is subject to a background check.Work is performed under regular supervision of the Office Manager and is evaluated through observation, conferences and the quality and effectiveness of the work completed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer customer inquiries regarding building requirements, zoning, development orders, flood plain development requirements, coastal construction zones, contractor licensing, inspection tracking, and issuance of Certificates of Occupancy and/or Compliance
- Review, process, and file plans, blueprints, specifications, and sketches presented by applicants seeking City permits
- Conduct appropriate research on the following: Lots/lot splits, plats, coastal construction lines, flood zones, development orders, variances, resolutions, etc.
- Perform validation of address through Property Appraiser, Tax Collector, etc.
- Enter permits into computer database and verify contractor licensing, insurances, ‘STRAP’ number, ownership and zoning of parcel in Geographical Information System (GIS).
- Accept and invoice all payments for building/planning and zoning service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to deal with the public in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner.
- Knowledge of commonly used construction terms.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical skills in determining square footage, linear feet, etc.
- Ability to learn associated computer systems applicable to permitting, such as GIS, EnerGov, etc.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from High School and one year of customer service experience.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.