Per the City of Bonita Springs Land Development Code, the following items do not require a permit:
- Replacement of plumbing or electric fixtures.
- Installation of low voltage systems, (except Fire Alarms).
- Replacement of less than 100 sq. ft. drywall during any 12 month period, (except Firewalls).
- Residential car covers and garden or yard trellis’s meeting size and zoning requirements.
- Replacement of size for size type water heaters.
Please note that adding or moving electrical or plumbing still requires a permit as does the replacement of a water heater with a tank-less unit.
In addition, based on a recent Code Interpretation, sizing documentation, (IE: Manual J’s) are no longer required for air conditioning system change-out permits.
For additional information, select the following link: