IMPACT FEE IMPLEMENTATION
On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 the County Commission approved changes to impact fee regulations for schools, roads and parks. The school ordinance applies countywide so will affect all the municipalities. The roads and parks will affect those jurisdictions with interlocal agreements such as Sanibel and Fort Myers.
- Ordinance 15-03, adopting:
- Road impact fee rates went down in all categories, EXCEPT high cube warehouse. The Ordinance has been filed with the Secretary of State and the decreases are now in effect, as of March 5, 2015. The increased rate for high cube warehouse will become effective on June 3, 2015.
- School impact fee rates went up in all categories, the increased rates will be effective on June 3, 2015. The existing rates will remain in effect until June 2, 2015.
- Ordinance 15-04, adopting :
- A reduced collection rate of 45% for road, regional park, and community park impact fees for Unincorporated Lee County only. The new collection rate of 45% will be effective on Monday, March 16, 2015.
- A reduced collection rate of 45% for school impact fees, effective Countywide. The new collection rate of 45% for school impact fees will also be effective on Monday, March 16, 2015.
Please feel free to contact Ally Hall at email@example.com or (239) 533-8330 with any questions.